A career with Junior Achievement means an opportunity to provide youth with the tools to find success in their lives. JA is excited to share career prospects with dynamic, passionate individuals hoping to grow both personally and professionally. If you want to be a part of the JA team, we’d love to hear from you!
Junior Achievement of Northern Alberta & NWT is currently hiring for the following position:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
As a member of the Junior Achievement of Northern Alberta and Northwest Territories (JANA) leadership team, the Director of Development oversees the fundraising team and is responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated development plan that includes major gifts, special events, sponsorship, grants and planned giving. This position will oversee, plan, manage and implement development activity and cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community stakeholders, and members of the business community. The Director of Development will develop and implement a major gift program with an emphasis on sustainability and increasing revenue for the organization.
- Provide leadership in the development of JANA’s short and long‐term strategic fundraising plans.
- Manage a significant major gifts prospect/donor portfolio.
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward individual, corporate and foundation donations.
- Provide leadership for, and management of Alberta Business Hall of Fame Manager; provide support and mentorship to help them achieve their goals.
- Elevate the reputation of JANA and enhance donor loyalty to raise philanthropic contributions to support strategic priorities.
- Oversee the implementation of complementary fundraising work, including events relating specifically to the cultivation, recognition or stewardship of major gift donors.
- Evaluate and report on fundraising objectives, targets, progress, and deliverables.
- Prepare the annual fundraising/development budget and forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
- Collaborate with other JANA staff and departments to maximize organizational effectiveness and impact.
- Represent JANA at community gatherings with partners and donors.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, sales, marketing, public relations or related field.
- CFRE designation is an asset, or willingness to work toward the same.
- 5 years of progressive experience in resource development, including planning and executing all aspects of an integrated fund development program, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated experience in gift solicitations at major gift level is required.
- Superior interpersonal, leadership, administration, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to professionally manage strategic partnerships with donors, businesses, and government representatives.
- Competence with MS Office; experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; conflict management skills.
- High degree of motivation and self-direction; superior organizational skills.
Please submit resume with cover letter quoting the position title “Director of Development” to
email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.