The corner stone of Junior Achievement, the JA Company Program is an after-school program that has groups of students working together to operate their own business venture.
Divided into three segments: start-up, operations, and liquidation, the program allows students to take ownership of their success by giving them the resources necessary to run their business. Companies identify and create a product-based business using market research, develop and submit a business plan containing proposed financial statements and marketing strategies; fabricate and sell their product; and close their business over the span of 4 months.
What to Expect
- Creation of the company, including electing key positions of President, Vice Presidents of: Finance, Marketing, Production, Human Resources, Health and Safety, and Information Technology
- Development of a business plan which contains company values, beliefs, mission statement, and social responsibility to the community
- Manufacturing of products, and betterment through research and development
- Acting upon social responsibility goals
- Auditing of company
- Closing of all accounts and selling all product material
- Reporting to shareholders results of operations
Thank you to our sponsors!
Job Shadow Day and Company Program Awards