An in-class and e-learning opportunity, Investment Strategies introduces youth to the stock market. Basic knowledge is coupled with research about the business world, various investment strategies, and the ethics and philanthropy that are often associated with a global market are all covered before the on-line simulation begins.
The first combination of in-class and online materials, ISP is designed to build upon previous JA Lessons that introduce financial literacy education to junior high students. After a formal introduction into the stock market through a series of games, students can use the knowledge that they gained in the class to test their skills against other teams from across Canada. The team that grows their portfolio the most in six weeks will be declared the winner.
What to expect:
- Identify the purpose of personal investing
- Analyze the risks associated with different investments
- Research various investments and pick stock for upcoming simulation
- Understand the ethics involved with the stock market
Fall 2017 important dates:
- ISP Virtual Teacher Orientation – October 11 at 4:45pm
- October 12 – Teachers register their teams
- Trial Simulation: October 23-27
- Stock Market Competition: October 30 – December 8
Program sponsored by